Having being born and raised in Pardoe Downs, East Devonport, I am a son of a stay at home mother and a truck driving farther, with my grandparents being farmers. I settled in Railton in 1994 before meeting my beautiful and supportive wife of 28 years, we have three boys 28, 24, 19 and I am a very proud grandfather of two gorgeous granddaughters.
I have had very rewarding careers having worked at the coalface in local factories before joining the Merchant Navy in 1993 as a steward, this lead to more study being able to obtain higher qualification at TAFE and now becoming the Manager of Hotel Services with Spirit of Tasmania.
I became the Deputy Branch Secretary of the MUA (Maritime Union Australia) from 1999 to 2003, this gave me a great opportunity to help others and give them a voice. I also am a member and chair of the Railton School Association.
My personal interests are:
- Shipping and Port management
- Stronger regulation and expert consultation is required for the state’s economic prosperity and livelihood of maritime reliant communities.
- Employment and Job Creation – real jobs Tasmanians can count on. Minimise contract and insecure employment that is placing pressures on working families.
- Solar panels and hot water systems on all low income housing, helping with lower prices and cost of living pressures.
- Renewable Energy Sources mandatory in all newly built premises and incentives for current homeowners to make investments into cleaner energy sources.
Looking forward to the future I would like to continue assisting others and encourage greater development and delivery of services in the seat of Lyons in Health, Education, Jobs growth and Energy. These are the policies that I stand by and want to see change and improve.
With your help and support I see these things being possible.