Questions for Hodgman and Rylah over South32 shares
- Rylah owns shares in TEMCO parent company
- Questions must be answered regarding conduct of Ms Rylah and Government MPs
Revelations today that Member for Braddon, Joan Rylah owns shares in TEMCO parent company South32 raises serious questions about the conduct within the Hodgman Government.
Transparency Committee Chair Jo Siejka said Labor had raised serious concerns regarding Will Hodgman and his MPs handling of TEMCO’s troubles, and this further clouded the issue.
”Will Hodgman failed to answer basic questions on this matter in Question Time today,” Ms Siejka said.
“He must immediately come clean with the Tasmanian people.
- “What briefings and information have been provided to Ms Rylah on TEMCO?
- “Has Ms Rylah absented herself from discussions regarding TEMCO and South32 in the Liberal Party Room?
- “How many shares does Ms Rylah and her family own in South32 and what is the value?
- “When were shares purchased by Ms Rylah or her family and have any been sold in the time since?
“If Will Hodgman can’t provide clear answers to Labor’s questions, he must urgently initiate a full and independent investigation into this serious issue, which goes to the Government’s integrity.”
Jo Siejka MLC
Labor Transparency Committee Chair