The petition of the undersigned Citizens of Tasmania draws to the attention of the House:
- We don’t support a new $750 million stadium in Hobart.
- Overwhelming community concern that the Government has its priorities wrong.
- We already have two perfectly good AFL stadiums and a new stadium was never included in the AFL taskforce business case for a Tassie team.
- People are living in tents, cars and couch surfing, waiting years to find a home.
- People can’t get the health care they need, while more people are struggling to make ends meet.
- And our health, education and essential public sector workers need an overdue pay rise.
Your petitioners request the House to call upon the Government to immediately stop its plans to build a stadium on Macquarie Point, and commit to priorities that will make the lives of all Tasmanians better.